Please read carefully before you submit.
By submitting your film/s or art form/s to the WIND International Film Festival, you are agreeing to all terms and conditions below in full.
1. The submitter guarantees that all rights and releases have been legally secured, including music rights, songs, etc and the submitter releases the Festival and all its members from any legal action whatsoever.
2. Finalists should send, 2 DVDs and 1 (one) blu-ray (optional) or DCP, with title, length, and director's name no later than the month of the announcement for final possible screening purpose, to the address we e-mail you. Please mark your film with "No Commercial Value - For Cultural Purposes Only", both on the envelope and the shipping invoices. Although every possible care will be taken with DVDs while in our possession, however, we cannot accept responsibility for unforeseen loss, stolen, or damage of entries. Please do not send originals. We do not receive downloads of any kind.
3. All transportation/shipping costs (including customs clearance) to WIND International Film Festival, plus fees for insurance while in transit, must be borne by the participants (please write: For Cultural Purposes only - Not for commercial use). The Festival Director reserves the right to refuse any shipment involving unpaid costs.
4. We will not return your screening and exhibition copies.
5. All kinds of submission fees, shopping or purchases are non-refundable.
6. Entries must be in English or subtitled, dubbed in English.
7· Every submission has to pick at least one main category. Main filmmakers such as Directors, Producers, Script Writers and Agents can apply on behalf of their cast, crew and talents.
8· Multiple entries are allowed for each filmmaker and each entry may be entered in multiple categories.
9· All entries should be sent via Film Freeway. Please do not send discs or any downloadable files to us.
10· Works in progress are accepted if you finish the whole film by the given deadline and we can watch it on our film freeway site.
11. All selection committees' and juries' decisions are final.
12. Only producers or directors can receive the physical awards at the award ceremony on behalf of the absentee, crew or their talent.
13. Regardless of the Prize and their winning status, winning filmmakers who can not attend the Awards Ceremony in Los Angeles, will only receive laurels.
14. The festival has the right to disqualify a winning film for any reasons, without further explanation to the submitter.
15. Submission of an entry gives the festival permission to accept work exhibited, photographed, locally telecast, and reproduced either in parts or in whole, for educational or publicity purposes. Filmmakers can request in writing that their material not to be used for such purposes after the Festival.
16. We do not pay any screening fees. Not all winning films will be screened. The festival has the full right to select the winning films to be screened.
17. The Festival Directorate may deny participation to any film unable to meet the technical requirements for a public screening of good quality.
18. The Festival Management reserves the right to make changes in the profile of the Festival, if it becomes necessary to do so due to circumstances beyond his/her control.
19. All filmmakers/submitters are expected to keep communications with the Festival professional and in good taste. Failure to do so may result in disqualification at any point in the adjudication process, including the nullification of Official Selection status or nominations. That stated, the Festival will only communicate with the person who submitted his/her film to the festival, and that Festival should not be expected to communicate with any other persons.
20. The Festival reserves the right to make any necessary changes in regulations or scheduling, changing logo, adding photos, adding or correcting information, final ceremony date and location .
21. Any types of interview and photos of you during the Film Festival will be a property of this festival.
22. The submitter/filmmaker also acknowledges that remediation of any sort will be limited to a refund of his/her submission fees.
23. Films could be from any year, except for student entry that should not be a year after their graduation. By submitting to Student category you need to e-mail us proof of Full time student enrollment for the year when you finish your film, and letter of your school supervisor.
24. Any dispute arising as a result of submission to the Festival will have a recourse limited to the lesser of either the submission fee paid, or the cost of correcting the issue.
25. The entries shall be judged on the basis of resourcefulness, originality, entertainment, and production quality, without regards to cost of production or subject matter.
26. Our juries may also search information from other sources once we accept the submission.
27. Upon submission, entries shall be verified for eligibility and category. All stages of judging, including Preliminary, Semifinal, and Final rounds, shall be overseen by the members of the WIND International Film Festival. Also it may designate additional non-member judges as required at the sole discretion of the WIND International Film Festival Executive Committee.
28. Festival will not pay for Master class workshops, Press conferences, traveling expenses, Red Carpet events, VIP passes or shopping cards.
29. Winning films will be screened once at our partner institutions based on juries’ selection if they pass the censorship and meet the technical criteria. However, not all winning films will be screened. The festival has the right to screen or not screen the winning films.
30. LIABILITY: You agree to indemnify us, and hold us, and our employees, owners, affiliates, and partners, harmless from all claims and liability associated with your participation or entry to the Festival.
31. Festival has the right to show case your film in the festival TV broadcasting network . If do not want your film to be distributed ,you need to Email us after submission.
By submitting to our Film Festival, submitters/filmmakers indicate that they have read, understood, agreed with, and will comply to and accept all of the terms and Conditions above, in their entirety, without modification.